TikTok Social Media Manager
Location: Freelance- remote
Hours: 1.5 day per week
Who we are
Powster is an affordable luxury ski and snowboard brand. Specialising in eyewear.
LIVE FULL and experience the mountain with products created with the rider in mind.
We love skiing and snowboarding at Powster Studios, it's our life's passion. So we had a simple dream, a goal, to create advanced, technically built and safety-driven outdoor gear that doesn't compromise on aesthetics and price. Motivated by what our friends on and off the slopes were telling us about what they wanted to see in the market, we have developed a range that embodies affordable performance.
LIVE FULL, be who you want to be on the slopes, fueled and empowered with products designed to fill your heart with joy and push you further than you have ever gone. Powster Studios is your pal on the slopes, listening and learning from what you need to be the best rider you can be.
About the role
At the moment, Powster is looking for a Tiktok Social Media Manager to join their team on a freelance basis to help elevate our brand, build brand awareness, convert more sales and create a community.
The purpose of this role is to establish a social media presence on Tiktok, creating a large following and eventually leading to more sales. You will work with the International head of Marketing to use Tiktok to contribute to the Powster digital ecosystem.
As the new Tiktok Social Media Manager, you will:
- Develop and execute the Tiktok shop strategy
- Develop and execute the Tiktok live strategy
- Develop and execute the Tiktok content strategy
- Build fun and positive brand identity & increase brand awareness
- Find influencers or social content creators to create more content with us which functions similarly as our Instagram influencer program.
- Set up the infrastructure to generate consistent content
- Analyse data and adjust strategies
- Keep up with social media trends
We need someone to hit the ground running, read to create a strategy to increase our social media presence and execute as efficiently as possible. You’ll report to the head of marketing and will need their approval to post in the beginning, but will eventually have the freedom to create and post content on your own and develop (together with us) the content framework for the account, which would be engaging enough to attract followers and commercial enough to sell the products. You will own the Powster Tiktok.
To be a successful candidate, you need:
- Technical skills for creating & editing video content
- Knowledge of video editing programs (Final Cut, iMovie, Capcut, Premiere Pro, etc)
- Editing equipment. I.e your own laptop/comp
- Knowledge of Tiktok and it’s algorithms - you need to be a regular Tiktok user!
- Familiarity with current social media trends
- Understanding and knowledge of the snowsports industry
- Creativity to constantly come up with new ideas
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
Brownie points for experience in social media management for similar brands. Also, if you have knowledge of snowboarding/skiing aesthetics and trends, that’s a big plus! You should definitely have the skills to isolate, study and expand upon trends no matter the industry.
The ideal candidate is willing to be proactive and take the initiative, always looking to learn and improve. You need to have a lot of enthusiasm and the ability to constantly come up with fun ideas following all the new trends.
Powster is more concerned with skills than experience, so if you’re someone creative and curious who thinks outside the box & can come up with a great strategy to improve social media following and increase brand awareness, go ahead and apply!
How to apply
This position will be closed as soon as we find the perfect match. So, make sure to read the description carefully and take your time to submit a high-quality CV & cover letter that stands out.
Please expect the hiring process to include:
1 - Sending in your CV and cover letter
2 - Culture call with the head of marketing if shortlisted
3- Short at-home project I.e. Create an example video based on a current trend
4 - Skills and expertise call with founder if selected